January 2016 has been busy, busy, busy! So much so, that I haven't done much of the laugh bit in my blog title.
They say variety is the spice of life and its something I agree with, but I've recently given myself a talking to as I've been pushed to accept that there are times when I have to slow down or stop juggling, and focus on one or a few things.
Jack/ie may do 'all' trades but they master none. For me, the impact has been tiredness (yes, I know it's only January) and the dropping of the admin' ball. I can't do it all, well and consistently. That's the (re-)learn bit!
This month I've played all my roles, and there are a few professionally as well as personally.
As I firmly believe my personal development message begins with me, I'm going to challenge myself to slow down for Feb, and here's how I'm going to do it. I'm going to...
- Think about why I do each thing
- Look for the overlaps in what I do
- Be better at using dead time such as train delays (though I usually work through those too!)
- Practice saying 'no'
- Look to the future, rather than do the now by asking myself 'does all you're doing meet your long term aims?'
- Stop thinking about how much I have on and remind myself I DO have a choice
- Challenge others to do their bit
- Ask for support - hence sharing this with you
- Blog in working hours, rather than after an evening of reflection!
- Look after myself more and take time out to rest, eat, have fun
I know I can do it all, just not at the same time! That's the growing bit.
Wish me luck... And laughs!
PS - How, if all, have you learnt, laughed and grown this January?