Wednesday 25 April 2018

Why they came!

One bus, Three backrounds, Four people, A few questions, Many responses!


So, let me confess the day didn't start quite to plan - I didn't make it to breakfast at the Hand and Flower or even to the doors opening. So, what do you do when you're later than planned and a little frustrated at waiting for the one bus that takes you to the #cipdLDshow?

You talk to people of course! Or at least, that's what I did assuming that at least some of the people in the queue were on their way to Olympia too.

There were three backgrounds represented of those I collared for an interview: One person not in L&D based in a London, one a provider of services (and previous exhibitor)from Milton Keynes and one an L&D employee based in Birmingham, originally from Wales.

The four people, Kelly, Neville, Najam and (a name to follow, oops!)

A few of the questions I asked were about them, why they were attending, what they were expecting and top tips.

The many responses for why people were attending included positive past experiences, seeking new ideas, see how businesses marketed themselves, specific sessions and some R&R!

The expectations were similar: knowledge, interaction and being surrounded by people in L&D. And one for the stands - make sure your message is clear.

The top tip that resonated was the importance of keeping an open mind. It's easy to have a game plan, but be prepared to veer from it... as my journey reminded me!


Thanks to everyone who spoke to me, and sorry to the man I approached randomly who wasn't coming to the show!

Tweet me at @DamsonHR with your reasons and come and say "Hi" if you see me.

Enjoy the show, whatever your reason for being here. 
Denise.

Image result for c1 bus kensington




No comments:

Post a Comment